Are you looking to study on a scholarship in the UK? You can achieve that through the UK Chevening Scholarship 2023. This article will guide you on how to apply for the Chevening Scholarship 2023.
The UK government’s overseas scholarship program is called Chevening. It provides scholarship to study in the UK for a year on a fully financed master’s degree program. These awards are funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and partner organizations.
Successful Chevening applicants come from a wide variety of nations and backgrounds, but they all exhibit the drive, vision, and abilities necessary to create a better world.
Being chosen has several advantages, including fully covered tuition costs, access to some of the highest quality education available anywhere, special networking possibilities, and the opportunity to see the rich diversity of the UK’s culture.
You will become a member of its varied community of more than 50,000 graduates when your scholarship is over. You’ll go back home with the know-how and contacts you need to realize your ideas and advance your career.
Future leaders and decision-makers from all over the world have a unique opportunity to develop professionally and academically through Chevening, as well as to network internationally, experience UK culture, and forge long-lasting positive relationships with the UK.
The UK government’s Chevening international awards program aims to foster the development of world leaders. Around 1,500 scholarships will be given out globally.
All Chevening applicants must submit their transcripts, letters of recommendation, and one unconditional offer from a UK university. The timetable for the Chevening application contains the due dates for these necessary documents. To upload them, click the “edit my application” option up top.
You must submit these files if you are conditionally chosen for a Chevening Scholarship in order to continue the application process.
Read also: How to Get Nursing Jobs in USA without NCLEX
Chevening Scholarship Summary
- Study Level: Master’s
- Universities in the United Kingdom
- United Kingdom
- Full-time taught master’s degree programs in any topic are available.
- Curriculum Length: Depending on the program chosen, but no longer than a year for a postgraduate course.
- Chevening Scholarship Deadline: November 1, 2022
- Coverage of the Chevening Scholarship
The following advantages are offered to the recipient of the Chevening Scholarship 2023:
- Tuition Fee
- Monthly allowance
- Costs of traveling to and from the UK
- An allowance for arrival.
- Departure payment for travel home.
- A single visa application’s fee.
- An expense-paid trip to activities sponsored by Chevening in the UK.
- Criteria for Chevening Scholarship Eligibility
The following requirements must be met by applicants in order to be eligible for Chevening Scholarships:
- English is a required language.
- Citizens of nations that qualify for the Chevening Scholarships are the intended recipients of the scholarship. For a complete list of nations that qualify for Chevening scholarships, visit the official website.
- After your scholarship has finished, go back to your home country for a minimum of two years.
- By the time you submit your application, you must have finished all requirements for an undergraduate degree that will allow you to enroll in a postgraduate program at a UK university.
- According to your subject and university selection, this is normally similar to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK, though it may be different.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2023.
- You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- If you possess British or dual citizenship (unless you are applying from Hong Kong and are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or have BN(O)).
- If you hold refugee status in a nation that is ineligible for Chestering. Candidates for a scholarship must be citizens of a Chevening-eligible nation or have refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country.
- If you are currently employed by Her Majesty’s Government—including British embassies and high commissions, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defense, and the Home Office—or were employed there within the past two years of the opening of Chevening applications.
- You cannot also apply if you work for the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship?
To apply for a Chevening Scholarship, kindly follow these instructions:
- On the website, select your country, then click Chevening Scholarship.
- Create .your account
- Fill out your profile with your personal data, save it, and then validate it before launching your application.
- To ensure your eligibility for the Scholarship, complete the quiz.
- Prepare the following documents and complete the application as necessary:
- Completed academic records.
- English proficiency required.
- Conditional offers for suggested study programs (up to three).
- Unconditional offers for suggested study programs (up to three) (By July 13, 2023, you must upload at least one unconditional offer.)
- References (If you are invited to interview you will be invited to upload two references).
Passport / ID document.
- Submit the application.