There are plenty of scholarships offered to international students to study in the USA, and it’s possible to win one if you know what you’re doing. This article will reveal the best USA scholarships for international students.
In the USA, there are three ways to obtain a scholarship:
- Scholarships offered by the US government.
- Scholarships from non-governmental organizations and institutes
- Scholarships provided by the school itself (either university or institute).
Scholarships from the US Government
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program
This well-known scholarship is provided by the US government to international students who want to continue their undergraduate or graduate studies in the country. This scholarship essentially pays for the cost of tuition, a plane ticket, books, living expenses, and health insurance. It is one of the best USA scholarships for international students.
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
This grant is only for academic research lasting between 10 months and a year, not for undergraduate or graduate work. Essentially, the choice is made based on the student’s outstanding leadership and volunteerism. This scholarship pays for everything.
Scholarships from non-governmental bodies and institutions
- Rotary Peace Students Scholarship
It’s one of the scholarships available to graduate students in the USA who want to finish their master’s degree while attending a university connected to Rotary Peace.
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship
Only students from a select group of countries, including several African nations, are eligible for this scholarship. Additionally, it features a number of postgraduate programs.
- The Next Gen Scholarship Fund
In fact, having a minimum GPA of 3.0 is the most crucial condition to be eligible for this scholarship. Universities determine this by adding together your grades from all of your undergraduate coursework. In actuality, colleges that run on an accredited-hours basis adhere to this approach. It is one of the best USA scholarships for international students.
- Harvard University Scholarships
One of the best universities in the world, Harvard University, provides fully paid scholarships to international students. We don’t need to discuss the competition between students for this scholarship. Therefore, before applying, make sure you are ready for it and that you meet all of the conditions.
- International Merit Scholarships available at Iowa State University
These scholarships are offered in a variety of professions and academic programs at USA universities. In addition to attaining a cumulative score of at least 3, it needs academic achievement.
- Illinois State University International Awards
International students at this university do not have access to all scholarships like American students do. Some scholarships and programs are still available to international students, though. It is one of the best USA scholarships for international students.
- Needs-Based Scholarship Program at Emory University
A bursary offered by American university Emory. Additionally, it is advantageous for financially strapped overseas students.
How do I apply for full scholarships in the United States?
It goes without saying that the process of applying for a scholarship in the United States is fairly similar to the process of applying for any other type of regular study.
Requirements for Winning Scholarship in the United States
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (GPA 3.0) out of 4.
- A good CV or resume.
- Passing English Proficiency Test such as the TOEFL or IELTS exams
- Passing GMAT or GRE exam if you are applying to business schools, economics, and related disciplines.
- Recommendation letters.
- Your previous educational certificates.